Have you ever been told that you need “Canadian experience” to get a job in Canada? The Enhanced Language Training (ELT) program bridges newcomers’ professional backgrounds with new careers in Toronto – for free.
Gain industry-specific instruction, networking, and work placement opportunities in any of these sectors: Accounting; Office Administration and Customer Relations; Engineering; Financial Services; Health and Wellness; Information Technology; and Sales and Marketing.
We offer classes year-round. New sessions start every month.
What to expect from the ELT program
- 8-week in-class instruction + opportunity to obtain a 6-week work placement after in-class instruction.
- Classes run 9am to 2:30pm, Mondays through Fridays. The class workload can require up to 5 hours of commitment per day.
- Classes are taught by industry professionals. Network, improve your employability skills, and use industry-standard tools and equipment.
- In-class instruction is followed by 12 weeks of job development support to help participants with job search and interview preparation.
Read stories and testimonials from past and present program participants:
Is the ELT program right for you
The Enhanced Language Training Program helps newcomers-recent immigrants, Permanent Residents, or refugees-to continue their professional careers in Canada.
You are eligible for the program if you:
- are a Permanent Resident or a Convention Refugee
- have CLB Level 6 or higher
- have international experience, education, or training in the selected program sector
- can commit to a full-time 14-week program to find employment
Please note that pre-screening for suitability is required. To register, we will require your Permanent Resident card / landing document / Convention Refugee document (notice of decision); language assessment document; and resume.
Send Us Your Questions or Comments