Due to the continued spread of COVID-19, all publicly-funded schools in Ontario, including those at the TDSB, will remain closed until Friday, May 29, 2020. During this time, the TDSB remains committed to welcoming and registering students, both those returning and those new to the TDSB, so that they can participate in remote learning while schools are closed.
- For students who are currently attending school at a publicly-funded school board in Ontario (either the TDSB or another public school board), it is recommended that they remain at their schools, even if they have moved. From an educational perspective, this is recommended so that the students can continue their remote learning in a familiar setting. Once the closure is lifted, students can register and transfer to their new schools.
- If there are circumstances where a transfer to a new school is necessary, please contact the new school directly for more information. The best way to contact schools at this time is to call the main phone line and leave a message or email the general school inbox. Phone lines and emails are being monitored during the closure.
- New students who were not attending school at a publicly-funded school
board in Ontario prior to the closure
newcomer students) can register at a new school to begin remote learning.
Please contact the new school directly for more information.
The best way to contact
schools at this time is to call the main phone line and leave a message or
email the general school inbox. Phone lines and emails are being monitored during
- Given the current school closures, admission verification
can be emailed to a Principal or given over the phone. Please contact the
Principal for more information.
- Once schools are open and classes resume, all new students will need to provide documents to the school for in-person verification and complete the attestation form.
- Learn more about how new students can register at the TDSB.
2020-21 Kindergarten Students:
- Students who have registered online
for JK/SK for next school year (2020-21) but have not yet attended in person to
verify documents and complete the attestation form, do not need to take any
additional action at this time.
- Parents/guardians will be able to present documentation and complete the attestation form once schools have re-opened.
- The online registration system for Kindergarten remains open during this time.