Healthy Schools. Healthy Relationships.
ALL students will gain support from whole school strategies and programming that enhances social/emotional learning and fosters resilience.
SOME students will show signs of mild to moderate distress and will need individual student supports, strategies, as well as some interventions.
FEW students will need intensive intervention to address more severe and lasting challenges that may be seen as mental health problems.
- Mental Health and well-being is essential to student achievement and a priority for the TDSB
- Student mental health and well-being impacts everyone and belongs to each of us.
- The TDSB recognizes the critical role that relationships play in the mental health of our students
- The TDSB is committed to developing resilience, increasing mental health and well-being awareness, literacy and expertise of students, staff and parents
- The TDSB will ensure that staff understand and utilize the range of mental health and well-being supports within our system and in collaboration with our community partners
- Parents and students are key partners whose participation are both essential and valued