The Toronto District School Board is committed to providing an equitable experience for all of the Student Trustee candidates. Should you have a concern related to your ability to participate in the Student Trustee Elections due to access to technology, please contact either Leslie Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-395-3903, or Alison MacLachlan at Alison.Maclachlan@tdsb.on.ca.
The election of Student Trustees for 2020-2021 will be taking place on Thursday, June 11, 2020. Students in Grades 6 to 11 will have the opportunity to elect two Student Trustees through an online voting process.
Student Trustees represent the voice of approximately 247,000 students in the Toronto District School Board. They are elected members of the Board of Trustees and sit alongside the adult Trustees at board and committee meetings and act as a link to students, the Board and school communities. Student Trustees are members of the Student Senate and work closely with Student Senate Executives and school communities to empower and promote student voice and engagement across the district.
Applications closed on Thursday, May 14, 2020.
Official candidates and their campaign videos will be revealed on Thursday, June 4, 2020. Stay tuned!
Voting will take place online on Thursday, June 11, 2020.
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19, Student Senate Elections will be held separately in the Fall.
If you have any questions, please contact Principal Alison MacLachlan.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be in Grade 10 or 11 to apply;
- Term Positions: Aug. 1, 2020 - July 31, 2021
- Attend Board and Standing Committee Meetings;
- Participate in discussions on all matters, except those dealing with private matters;
- Present the students' voice at the public session of the Board and Standing Committees;
- Attend official Board functions;
- Uphold and promote the Board's mission and values in the performance of duties;
- Attend all executive and regular TDSB Student Senate meetings;
- Inform Student Senate Executive of policies (which affect students) brought to Board for consideration; and
- Have a regular role on Student Senate agenda to report and seek input.
- Application Deadline
- View Candidates and Campaign Videos
- Voting Day